Monday, July 25, 2011

Reminder to Daddy

Riley and I were sitting at the kitchen counter this morning eating breakfast. As with most days, Casey left for work while we were eating. Riley likes to watch Daddy leave and waves at him the entire time from when he closes the door to the house until he backs his car down the driveway and out of sight.

Every morning, before he leaves the house, Casey will give Riley a hug and a kiss. This morning, after receiving his hug and kiss from Casey, he quickly said, "Mommy hug." I assumed this meant that he wanted me to give him a hug too, so I leaned over to hug him. This obviously wasn't it, as he repeated, "Mommy hug," and pointed to Casey. So Casey gave me a hug. This was clearly it, as a big smile immediately crossed Riley's face. A second later, with his devious smirk, he said, "Mommy kiss." After I received my kiss from Casey, he seemed satisfied.

Guess he didn't want Mommy to feel left out...

No comments: