Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What a Difference a Few Weeks Make




We had our follow up visit at the doctor's office today. I am happy to report that everything checked out well. The baby is doing great, and I have been complication-free for 9 days now.

Casey is also happy to report that he has done a good job trying to fatten me up for the past two weeks. (Seriously, you should see the portion sizes he's been giving me!!!) I have gained an additional 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks, and have now gained a total of 8.5 pounds. They say you should have gained about 10 pounds by the time you have reached twenty weeks (I am in my 20th week now), so I'd say we're right on track. My fundal height (distance from pubic bone to top of uterus) measured in at 22 centimeters. This was the first time they took this measurement, so I'm not sure what it should be, but is it just me, or does that seem like a whole lot? I have included a few "pregnant Kelly" pictures for those of you who keep asking to see my belly. Ugh!

In the past two weeks, I have also begun to feel what I am pretty certain is the baby kicking. It doesn't feel like true kicks yet, but I can definitely feel my stomach moving around. Feels kind of like little flutters. The doctor said it should begin to feel like unmistakable kicking in the next two to four weeks, and Casey should also be able to feel it by then too (right now, he cannot).

We have begun reading to the baby before bedtime. Hopefully he is enjoying the stories. Daddy is much more animated than Mommy, although I will admit that both of us seem to have a difficult time reading Dr. Seuss books -- very complicated words!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Kelly, at first I believed this was you and I was amazed at how pregnant you look! Then I noticed that the photo does not include your face, so how do I know you haven't taken some random picture of a pregnant woman and copied it here? :-)