Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Movin' and a Shakin'

Two significant developments today: (1) Casey was able to feel the baby kicking for the first time, helping him, I think, feel a little more connected to the little guy. Up until now, he had only heard of the alleged kicking. It is a whole different thing indeed to be able to feel it. (2) I was able to see the baby kicking. It was both a thrill and a cause for me to feel squeamish, all at once. There is something really creepy about seeing your stomach move and shake when you are lying totally still.

In other developments, we are starting to prepare for the arrival of our little guy. Registries have been started, nursery furniture has been picked out (although not ordered), and we are now the proud owners of a car top carrier. And, of course, my stomach continues to grow. Much to my dismay, I found this week that I am no longer able to wear "normal" (non-maternity) clothes. Time is flying by!!!

Back to the doctor next Wednesday for another check up and our fourth ultrasound. We can't wait to see the little guy!!! I, however, could do without the dreaded weigh-in...

No comments: