Friday, December 30, 2011

Rileyisms

Learning to talk can be complicated. Even adults sometimes struggle to get words and phrases correct (which is most apparent when listening people sing the words to songs that they think they know). Riley is no exception, and I thought I should probably start to document some of my favorites. I have no doubt that this list will continue to grow over the years, and only hope that I remember to keep track of them.

1. Bounce-it-ball (at 2-1/2, how he thinks "basketball" is pronounced).
2. Mr. Table Head (translation: Mr. Potato Head).
3. When singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," he believes the last word of the song is "You". As in, "We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New You!"

No comments: