Thursday, July 29, 2010

All Grown Up

Today when I dropped Riley off at school, his whole class was out on the playground (trying to beat the heat of the day, I suspect). I took him outside to join his friends, set him down on his feet, and off he walked. Yes, walked. And directly to the slide - where he promptly started to climb up the slide (and by that I mean the part of the slide that you are supposed to actually slide on). He turned around to make sure I was watching his great feat and ever so quickly caught my eye, flashed me his big smile to show how proud of himself he was, and then just as quickly turned his attention back to the slide not even noticing as I walked away and left him to enjoy another day with his friends. The entire drive to work I couldn't help but think about how grown up he is in such a short time.

No comments: