Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bike

Casey and I purchased Riley a bike for his 2nd birthday. We (Casey and I) were so excited about it and thought he would love it. As it turns out, he was afraid of it and wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.

If he saw any other bike, he'd make a beeline for it and want to ride. If we asked him if he wanted to ride Riley's bike, he'd scream "NO BIKE!!!"

This past Sunday, after another "NO BIKE" Casey got resourceful. He found my bike (which has been sitting in our garage unused since I was training for the 2001 Chicago Marathon) and brought it out of retirement. After giving my bike some much-needed air in its tires, it was good as new. Almost immediately upon seeing me get on my bike, Riley walked over to his bike, got on it and off he went. 25 minutes later, after Riley and I "rode" our bikes down the street with Casey, Winston & Wrigley following on foot, it was time to turn around and go home for bedtime. Apparently riding up hills is still not his thing. After about 5 minutes of all of us staring at each other trying to will Riley into riding up the hill, Casey resorted to putting Riley on his shoulders, carrying Riley's bike and trudging up the hill.

Still, it was worth it to see the little guy so proud of himself for riding "Riley's big boy bike". Here are a few pictures that he insisted I take of him on his bike this morning as we were leaving for school. ("Monny, cam-ra pees!")

No comments: