Friday, June 24, 2011

"Coppy"

Riley and I often share breakfast together sitting on the "big boy chairs" (stools) in our kitchen at the Elizabeth Avenue house. Many days I am drinking coffee, in a pathetic, last-ditch effort to recharge my batteries. I am usually a bit groggy during these breakfast dates, which is fine, except that I have a set of eagle eyes watching my every move without my knowledge.

Case in point: this morning, Riley started talking about "coppy" (coffee). He then proceeded to pick up his glass of milk, declare it "Riley's coppy" and start sipping it ever so delicately like it was really hot to drink. As I contemplated the curiousness of this behavior, I took another sip of my coffee, only to realize that it was an exact replica of what Riley had just done. Hmmm, guess our days of shot-gunning beers in front of him are over. Must move on to sipping fancy after-dinner dessert drinks.

No comments: