Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Cannot Make This Stuff Up

Falling into the category of "What will he think of next" is this morning's episode. After getting ready for school, Riley crawled onto our bed to get in some snuggle time with Wrigley. At some point, Casey started tossing Riley into the pillows (which is a game he loves). Not sure exactly what transpired, but the end result was that Riley bumped his head on the headboard. He did not hit his head hard, but I was still expecting waterworks and dramatics. Instead... silence. He said nothing, climbed off the bed and left the room. More silence...

Silence with a 2-year-old boy is never a good thing. It usually means mischief. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for about 30 seconds before I decided to see what he was up to. As I stepped into the hallway, I caught a glimpse of Riley and it took all of my super powers as a mom to not burst out laughing.

He had walked out of our room, down the hallway and into his room, had opened his dresser door, had located and taken out the items that he was looking for, and was bringing them back to us. What were the items, you ask? The 2011 non-sting version of Bactine, 3 cotton balls, Neosporin and a band-aid. You know, to fix his boo-boo.

No comments: