Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Golf Cart

Back in April, we visited Grannie Annie and Poppa Ken down in Amelia Island for Easter. They were generous enough to rent a golf cart for the extended weekend so that we (and the Stirling's) could tool around. For us, at least, getting to the destination was just as much a part of the adventure (if not more) than the destination itself. Chase, who was 7-1/2 months old at the time and already not one for being still, absolutely LOVED driving around in that golf cart. He'd look around and smile for the first five minutes or so, clearly very interested in his surroundings. For safety reasons, I kept him faced toward me. Without fail, every single time we got in that golf cart, after those first five minutes, he'd lay is head on my shoulder and keep watching the world pass by until he quietly drifted off to sleep. I loved those golf cart rides -- Chase will his legs wrapped around my stomach, head on my shoulder, snuggled and so content you just hated to stop driving.

I was thinking about this today as we fast forward to present time. We took a spin on a golf cart at the Club as a reward for both boys being angelic at dinner. What a difference 4 months make. Instead of facing me, Chase wanted to face forward. Instead of falling asleep (even though it was bedtime), he was looking around, pointing at things, and generally having a big time.

Not sure which I prefer more, but I think (and certainly hope) there will be a lot of golf cart rides in the future.

No comments: