Sunday, July 14, 2013

Good Times

What a fun night!!! Don't get me wrong, we all missed Casey, who is spending the weekend in Philadelphia with his dad seeing the home he grew up in, having a few cheesesteaks and attending a Phillies game, dearly. But... we managed to have a good night nonetheless. Riley attended Kids Club at FCCfor the very first time and had an absolute blast playing with his friends woot his crazy parents helicoptering all over him.

And I, well, I am the amazingly lucky one who got to spend time one on one with sweet baby Chase. I often feel guilty about the fact that Chase will never get to be the center of our world like Riley was for the first three years of his life. Not that we don't want Chase to be the center of our world, but it just isn't possible since we have two awesome little guys to look after. But tonight, tonight Chase got the rare opportunity to be the center of my world, all while his brother was off having fun (which was completely apparent each time Riley and his friends walked past the patio where I was eating dinner on their way to some cool new activity, looked around for me until he found me in the crowd and then smiled and waved quickly so his friends might not see), leaving me completely guilt-free about spending quality time with just Chase.

Chase was totally in his element -- eating mac and cheese, outside, while listening to live music. Any of those things alone would make his day, but put all of them together and he was in heaven! After dinner, we walked and walked and walked -- on the cart path, on the putting green, on the hill, it didn't matter. Again,all the while listening to live music.

After all the walking, he spent a solid hour trying to alternating his time between trying to eat his friend Wesley's ice cream cone and attempting to roll a golf ball into one of the holes on the putting green, which really just turned into him playing with the little flag that goes into the hole.

We stayed out late (again) but only because he was having so much fun. I loved every second of it. The only thing that would've made the night better is if Casey had been there... But then again, if Casey had been there, I wouldn't have gotten my sweet boy all to myself. Feeling like one lucky mom tonight!

No comments: