Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Just Chillin'

Today as we were driving home from school, Chase was unusually quiet (recently he has been "talking" non-stop -- and by "talking" I mean a whole bunch of gibberish followed by even more raspberry blowing). I decided to check in with Riley to see what he (Chase) was doing. "Oh, he's just chillin'." This reminded me of one of the funniest things about Chase as a little baby -- he always (and I mean ALWAYS) had his hands behind his head and looked like he was "just chillin'". One of my favorite pictures from his professional newborn photos is of him with his hands behind his head -- it is just so classically him. He would sleep with his hands behind his head, eat with his hands behind his head, and just lay there awake and alert but with his hands behind his head. Every new teacher that met him would comment on how funny it was to watch Chase do just about anything because he looked so chill with those hands behind his head.

These days, he is nothing but "chill" and is rarely still enough to do just about anything with his hands behind his head. Strange thing is, as adorable (and funny) as it was, I will take my non-chill and hilarious-in-other-ways baby any day (although I will admit that that little bit of "chillin'" in the car was pretty nice too).

No comments: