Thursday, May 20, 2010

All I Want for My Birthday Are My Two Front Teeth...

... and I got them!!!! No longer will my Granny Annie be able to call me "Fang". Mommy is so relieved -- she was so very concerned about how I would look in my birthday photos if my teeth were still missing.

Funny thing, as soon as I got my front teeth, I tried very hard to knock them out. Mommy got a call from my school today saying that she needed to come in to see me because I'd fallen and my mouth would not stop bleeding. Not to worry, by the time she made it to my school, the bleeding had stopped and I was happily sucking on a grape popsicle (little do they know this was all a part of my plan). To be honest though, it was nice to see my mommy during the middle of a school day. I was feeling a little vulnerable and needy, and was very content to rest my head on her shoulder and rock in the rocking chair until I felt better. I actually felt like nodding off until I noticed that the rest of my classmates were getting ready to eat lunch. I am not one to miss a meal, especially a yummy ham sandwich on a biscuit!!!, so I wriggled out of my mom's arms and promptly walked over to the big kid's lunch table and stood there leaning against it until they decided they could risk feeding me "real" food instead of that ridiculous baby food they were talking about feeding me because of my "incident". Don't they know that I am WAY too old for baby food?!?!

No comments: