Thursday, May 13, 2010

Morning Routine

Our normal morning routine since I went back to work has been to let Riley wake up on his own schedule. He usually talks to himself for awhile and plays with his toys (which I know because one of the toys in his crib is a blue dog with a bell inside of it that I can hear him shaking). Eventually, he gets bored and lets us know that it's time to come get him. Casey and I usually fight to be the first one into his room. The loser has to make his bottle, and the winner has to get him changed from school. All five of us hang out while he drinks his bottle, and then we put him back in his crib to play while Casey and I get ready for work. Usually Riley is crying by the time we are done getting ready. Well, the last few days the routine has changed. Now, when I come downstairs after my shower, he is standing in his crib facing the window and pointing at and talking to whatever it is that happens to catch his eye. A nice change.

No comments: