Monday, May 7, 2012

Chick Magnet?

This morning when I dropped Riley off at school, he almost immediately walked up to one of his friends and asked her if she wanted to see his boo boo. She answered, "Yes, I do want to see it." His teacher looked at me and we both had a quick laugh about how cute the conversation was. As Riley explained how he got his boo boo at the baseball game, his teacher explained to me how he is "all boy." She then proceeded to tell me that I better watch out when he is a teenager. Thinking she was talking about him being obsessed with sports, I agreed. However, she then went on to explain that she thinks the girls are going to flock to him. She said, "Not only is he so handsome, but he's also clearly going to be an athlete. But the best thing of all is that he's sweet too." Of course, I couldn't agree more, but it made my heart swell with pride to hear his teacher acknowledge the special qualities that make him him. But now, after having all day to reflect on her comments, I am struck by two thoughts: uh oh (we really will be in trouble when he is a teenager) and oh no (someday some other girl will steal his heart and replace me as the most important woman in his life). I am prepared for neither...

No comments: