Saturday, May 18, 2013

ESPN

I woke up fairly early (for me) this morning to a quiet house. Instead of attempting to fall back to sleep, I decided to get out of bed and go out on the side porch to enjoy a cup of coffee and catch up on my blog. It was not to be. Riley, surely waking up when he heard the dogs clamoring down the stairs (they are both like bulls in a china shop in the early morning descent down the stairs), found me out on the side porch within minutes. He asked if he could watch highlights (baseball) on my iPad. So as I sit here typing, he is sitting next to me watching highlights from last night's Red Sox game. I cannot fully express how amusing this is. I'm not exactly paying attention, but every so often I'll hear him say things like, "And Nava makes the catch!" and "Now batting, Will Middlebrooks..." and "It's a grand slam for Johnny Gomes!" and "Ground ball double for Pedroia." The crazy thing is that he's always right, both about the player and about what he's done. Maybe I give him too much credit, but I can't imagine there are many three year olds who know this much about baseball and specific baseball players. Future sportscaster on our hands??? You heard it here first.

No comments: