Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ideas

I may have mentioned a time or two that Riley REALLY likes to talk. This is especially true when we are eating dinner and he doesn't feel like eating what we've prepared or when he is stalling at bedtime. All of a sudden, in the middle of a completely normal conversation, he will blurt out, "I got a idea!" which is always accompanied by an enormous smile and mischievous look. What follows next varies from day to day, but there is a common theme: his fantastic idea always involves something that he wants or that will benefit him.

Examples from the past few days:

"I got a idea! We could share some of the sweet tarts I got at school for taking a nap." (As an aside, perhaps it's the sweet tarts that typically prevent the nap???)

"I got a idea! We could play baseball on the side porch while we watch the Red Sox on the iPad."

"I got a idea! We could watch baseball on the TV." (Note: he wanted to watch on the TV instead of on the iPad on the side porch because he was banned from using the iPad.)

"I got a idea! We could go the the golf club for dinner and eat mac and cheese and strawberries."

"I got a idea! We could hancel (read: cancel) the rain so that it's sunny outside."

No comments: