Monday, May 6, 2013

Music

Every so often, Casey and I allow the boys to spend a little time on their own without us hovering over them. Such was the case this morning. I was taking a shower and Casey was drinking a quick cup of coffee. Riley and Chase were in Riley's room with the door shut so that our crazy little man would not be tempted to attempt going down the steps without supervision.

As I emerged from the peacefulness of my shower, I heard a horrible sound coming from Riley's room. Well, not horrible in that something bad was happening, but horrible in that it was tremendously off-key. Upon entering Riley's room, I found Riley and Chase in the closet -- both standing up banging on the keys of the keyboard set up in Riley's closet, Riley singing at the top of his lungs, both boys grinning from ear to ear.

In hindsight, it may very well have been the most precious sound on earth.

No comments: