Sunday, May 1, 2011

May has arrived!

I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden May has arrived again. It has been an interesting spring to say the least, and with all of the business and exhaustion, this blog has been one of the things I had to let slide. It strikes me, however, that documenting our doings for future reflections on days gone by is one of the things I most enjoy doing and it's a pity that I have let it go because I have been "too busy" with work and worrying about other things I cannot control.

So, as I did last year, in honor of Riley's birthday month, it is my intention to write an entry for every single day of the month leading up to my little man's second birthday. Some may be short, others may be long, but all of them will hopefully showcase the little guy he's becoming -- so full of life and energy and personality.

With the exception of when he is sleeping, there really are not many moments that Riley is truly still. Unfortunately, some days he can still be a bit clumsy and falls and scrapes and bumps are a common occurrence in his life. Unless it is hurts a lot or is very scary for some reason, he rarely cries after a tumble or bump. And as much as I hate that he hurts himself in even some minor way, I have to say that I find these "injuries" to be the source of much sweetness and hilarity to me. Pretty much each and every time he finds himself with an "injury", after he has recovered from fright of it all, he will point to the injured limb or head and say, "Mommy kiss." After I kiss the spot (and believe me, he lets me know if I have kissed the wrong place), he will point at the offending object or surface, wag his finger at it, and say "Bad boy" to it. The things he comes up with...

No comments: