Thursday, May 5, 2011

Short

This entry will be short, but so is the subject matter. It has been quite warm here for the past week and Riley has been wearing shorts to school every day. This morning we woke up to cooler weather and some rain and it was time to bring the jeans back out. Much to my horror, the pair that I put on him had shrunk considerably in the wash. Or so I thought until the second and then third pair (which had not been washed recently) also were a good inch and a half too short as well. So I grabbed a pair of 2T jeans that had been much too long a few weeks ago when I tried them on him only to find that they were not too long at all now.

I wonder who growing pains hurt more -- the children whose bodies are stretching or the parents who are suddenly startled to realize that their little baby has grown into a little boy literally overnight.

No comments: