Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rainy Day

The first thing Riley said to me this morning was "rain". It is, in fact, a rainy day. Unlike me, Riley was very excited about this because rain means puddles and puddles mean splashing and stomping. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing in puddles with Riley as much as he does, but not on work days when I'm in heels. No matter, he was excited and he was determined to make the most of the rainy day. When I asked him to go put his rain coat on, he ran to his closet and pointed not to his coat, but to his matching rain boots (which, mind you, are WAY too big). He insisted on wearing the boots along with the coat. Here's a picture of my excited little man in his rain gear.



When he arrived in his classroom at school (after much puddling stomping), he was like a celebrity. All his little friends made a big circle around him and pointed at and touched his boots. I have a feeling they are going to become a staple of his wardrobe.

No comments: